Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Take a peek

Today is a happy day.   
I have been published in the latest Somerset Digital Studio Mag.  I was so excited to receive my copy this morning.  I have been an admirer of this magazine for a while now always making a bee-line to the back of the book store to see the newest issue (only printed twice a year) culling over the pages and getting inspiration for the artist that where chosen.  I would turn to my daughter and say one day I will be in here.  One day I will open the pages and here I will be.  I  went home last year and took what I felt was an image to submit.  It had the look and feel of what the editors would choose and I submitted one image.  The rest well you can see.  
Look familiar?  It should I first blogged about this image back in May of 2010.  I was pleased with this image.  I had used an old vintage image that was offered on the Graphic Fairy and combined it with an image that I had from my photography. You can view this and more of my photography collection at Jeweledfrogs Flicker.  The process as I described in the short blurb, was a simple one and took me all of about 5 minutes.  Just positioning the image and creating the correct color and layering technique.  I wanted it to look like a memory or a clip of film caught in between frames.  The finial touch was the poem (one I composed myself)  showing up behind the two images.  This image of the woman meant  a lot to me due to the little dog.  It reminded me so much of my little terrier. 
I want to convey to you readers the importance of standing in your own truth.  Believing in your selves as creators and artist.  This image never did receive much interest when I posted it on my blog  but I knew that it had the quality that the editors at Somerset Digital Studio where looking for.  I watched the magazine and looked at the talent and made notes and then came home and applied what I had seen.  I want to encourage you all to submit your work to your favorite publication. Be vigilant and observe the trends, improve you skills and push yourselves.  You never know.  Thank you Digital Studio for all you have done for one artist.  
To get your copy of my design you can head over to the Frogs Attic on Etsy
or visit me here at Jeweled Frogs Zazzle Store  for anything from posters to ipad covers.



No comments: